Friday, 30 June 2017

Breaking the 700

Finally reached June target last night with one night to spare. Because of the rain it was a case of pulling out items from stock and working them through, though the Muscina took little time as I know the species and I obviously hadn't looked at it properly before. The Staph was a bit more tricky and I had to bite the bullet and accept that I just disagree with the key  on one couplet! (I cannot see the pronotum as "bending" under no matter how much I look).

Afterwards, when I realised that the rain had stopped, a quick walk added another couple of easy ones in the moth department. Probably two other moths to come too, but better nail down the ID first.

After some reflection I have decided that rather than try to push hard to reach 1k quicker I'm going to  take it easy and spread the 1k over the rest of the year. I'm sure 1k will come soon enough anyway.

Muscina assimilis

Barred Straw

Marbled Minor agg. - not listed

Numbers:
698 Nephrotoma appendiculata A cranefly
699 Muscina levida A muscid fly
700 Bisnius fumitarius A rove beetle
701 Gandaritis pyraliata   Barred Straw
702 Scoparia ambigualis A micromoth

No comments:

Post a Comment