So the weather wasn't ideal, it's a bit early, and the target species would be a range extension and new for the county. I still tried a pheromone lure anyway. The instructions say it can bring other species in. Not so much, as it turns out.
I have no doubt that I didn't use this in ideal conditions or prepare it the ideal way, so no complaints and I'll chill it again for an attempt in glorious sunshine on a still day at the end of June.
I did find Micropterix calthella, which is a lovely little thing, and some other bits and bobs to be going on with (including the blackthorn specialist Argyresthia spinosella)
I couldn't photograph it - too small and jumpy - but here's one from last weekend