Tuesday, 1 August 2017

Swings and Roundabouts

Four days ago, on 798, I was pondering how long it was taking me to get over the 800 hump. It seemed to go on forever. Now, four days later, such is the swings-and-roundabout effect of the project I'm 1/4 way to 900. And the day isn't finished! No doubt on 890 everything will seem to go into slow motion again...

A few forgotten and sorted out plants were added this morning, so I was content to head to the gym at lunchtime in inclement weather. Closed for refurbishment. Not one to fight the hand of destiny I headed for the very nearest point in my square which was the shortest drive away and with immediate access from the moment I leave the car. The fungus faeries had been. A quick three additions and some things in a pot were bagged in about 20 minutes. With a following wind I may be 1/3 of the way to 900 by close of play!

Common Puffball

Milking Bonnet

Common Funnel - abundant

Additions:
821 Torilis japonica Upright Hedge Parsley
822 Angelica sylvestris Wild Angelica
823 Sonchus arvensis Perennial Sow-thistle
824 Lycoperdon perlatum Common Puffball
825 Clitocybe gibba Common Funnel
826 Mycena galopus Milking Bonnet

No comments:

Post a Comment